Signups close June 19th. You will receive your prompt by June 24th. Then you'll have until August 19th to work on your fic, and send it in. That's 8 weeks and should be plenty of time for you all to finish your stories. We hope. ;)
Copy and paste this into the comments and fill it out. All comments will be screened.
Sample prompts and some tips!
I know some people have questions about how to write their requests/prompts, so here are a couple of samples from last year's NFE.
First, a fairly simple one, with only one request:
What I definitely won't write: Smut, slash, incest
What I want: Edmund Pevensie
Prompt words/objects/quotes/whatever: Jadis in England - I'm thinking more in terms of memories/hallucinations/waking nightmares/etc., but feel free to interpret this however you wish. :)
What I definitely don't want in my fic: Romance, smut, slash, incest
Second, a more detailed one, with different options:
What I definitely won't write: deathfic, dubcon or noncon, extreme violence or gore
What I want: I'd love some previously untold Narnian adventures - stories from the Golden Age, or stories from Caspian's reign, Caspian and Rilian bonding, sea voyages or other journeys out of Narnia. Maybe an unexplored island we didn't read about in VDT? What's up north besides the giants?
Ship-wise, I'd always love some Caspian/Peter, if you're so inclined. Maybe an AU where the Pevensies stay in Narnia after PC? Or an AU where Caspian finds his way into England for a while.
I love Susan best of all, so anything featuring her in a starring and completely awesome role would make me happy. I'd love to see her in Calormene, before everything went so wrong with Rabadash.
1) I will rise
After a thousand years
And set my teeth in the silver of the moon
-- e.e. cummings
2) For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea
-- ee cummings
What I definitely don't want in my fic: Crossovers, Susan-bashing of any kind, misogyny, rape, deathfic.
HANDY TIPS AND THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO IN YOUR REQUEST:
1) Do not request a crossover, and make it your only request. There is no guarantee that your writer will know the other fandom. If you request a crossover and have no other requests, I will contact you and ask you for a second request. When this happens, it is not polite to say, "If you haven't read watched this show/movie/read this book, you really should, but if you can't be bothered, just do this" as your second request. Not cool.
2) Do not request fic written in someone else's 'verse, and make it your only request. As with above, there is no guarantee that your writer will have read this other fanfic. If you request fic set in someone else's 'verse and have no other requests, I will contact you and ask you for a second request. When this happens, it is not polite to say, "If you haven't read So-and-so's fic, you really should, but if you can't be bothered, just do this" as your second request. Not cool.
3) Do not say, about the things you do not want in your fic, (for example) "NO SLASH BECAUSE EW SLASH IS SO GROSS!" The person you are matched with might like slash, and this will not get you off to the right start with them.
4) Rule of thumb: if the list of Do Not Wants is way more detailed than what you actually want in your fic, you will want to give more options of what you do want.
Read through the rules before signing up HERE.
Read through the submission guidelines HERE.
Sign up for beta duty HERE.
Sign up for pinch hitting HERE.
ETA: Evidently Livejournal has been marking a lot of comments as spam. If this happens to you when you sign up, don't worry. I still get notified, and I am also checking for any spam comments that might slip by.